Monday, January 11, 2010

Very Busy December!!

December got pretty busy after Jackson's birthday! Hilary got back from her four month adventure in China. She absolutely loved it there! She said that Jackson was so much bigger.
The part that was most shocking for her was his speaking in full sentences with correct grammar! He is just not supposed to be so smart already! And I don't know how it happened, so I don't think I will be able to do it again?!
It was very hard to have my sister so far away without being able to really communicate. It didn't hit me until I was holding onto her again, so of course we got emotional! Then I made her promise to not go so far away for so long again! Ha
Soon after she got back the festivities begun! We spent a weekend at the cabin sledding, lots of fun and games with family, and celebrating the Christmas season!
The next week we got together to make gingerbread houses. It was so fun!


Then on Christmas eve eve, I became a "real" aunt for the first time to sweet:
Ainsley Noel Stout!
(real meaning that it is my first sibling that had a baby rather than one of my in-laws.)


Jared and I had Nate and Aubrey's name for Christmas so I was very excited to make a tutu for sweet Ainsley. So I hurried and whipped it out so they could have it in the hospital. It looks so cute on her, especially without the blanket!


After being introduced to Ainsley, we spent the day sledding which was so fun! Jackson loves it! Then we had a lovely Christmas Eve meal at home and opened our Christmas Eve gift, which is always matching pajamas! Well, Jackson's didn't match every one else but it had a basketball on it so he was good with that!



Christmas Morning..........
This past summer was sometimes painful for Jackson because all his older cousins had bikes and he didn't have one so he could never ride with them. So...
Every time Jackson has seen Santa this year we have hinted to him to ask for a bike and he would eagerly ask for a bike, AND a candycane (since that is what Santa always gives out)!
So on Christmas Eve we asked Jackson what Santa Clause was going to bring him for Christmas and he said he was bringing a bike. Then we got curious and asked Jackson what would happen if Santa didn't bring him a bike? He thought about that for a second and then answered, "...That would ruin it!"
So luckily Santa did bring Jackson a bike! Not just any bike though, it was a cars bike! Which often gets called a different name by Jackson...Car, Cars Bike, Motorcycle (because of one wheel on the front looks like a motorcycle to him).
For the rest of the morning Jackson didn't get off the bike for more than two seconds!!
So most of his other presents all got opened while still sitting on his awesome bike!
We definitely got spoiled this year!! I got a scrapbook desk, a kitchen aid, Jared got a new suit, and we got two great pictures for the house we are still trying to find!

I hope you all had as great of a Christmas as we did! And whishing you a happy new year!!

1 comment:

Shambray said...

I did not know you got a Kitchenaid! I LOVE mine! I think everyone should have one! And now YOU DO! Yay!