Wow! What a difference a few days off makes! Weber school district had spring break on Thursday, Friday, and Monday around Easter weekend and it was heaven! It was SO nice to actually be able to spend some quality time with Jackson, really clean the house, catch up on papers and homework, and just relax!! I don't really notice how extremely busy I am until I have a few days off. I realized how much has been put "on the back burner" for the past couple of months!
We all had a fantastic Easter holiday. On the fun, bunny side of Easter we had egg hunts with both sides of the family, and Jackson loved the basket of goodies the Easter bunny left for him behind the chair in the front room of our house. We had planned to get ready for church first and then he could search for his basket. However, while we were getting ready Jared heard Jackson get super excited and start crawling as fast as he could! Turns out he had seen his basket that the bunny had tried to hide from him and he just couldn't wait!
The spiritual side of Easter was great too. We went to Jared's cousins homecoming for church. After eating dinner with my family we watched Elder Holland's conference talk on the Savior's Atonement. Even though we heard it just last week, it was nice to focus on his amazing message and stop and think about all that the Savior has done for us! I am so grateful for this Easter holiday so that we can take the opportunity to stop and remember Christ, his atonement, crusifiction, and resurrection. I feel like I will forever be in his debt, even though he would never hold it over me. :)
1 comment:
I hope you had a good Easter. It sound like Jackson had a blast. Hope all is well with y'all. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment