We sure have experienced some 'lemon' times lately. We realized that Jackson's surgery was not working while we were in DisneyLand. I was told to keep measuring his head, and it grew a half a centimeter every two days...which is a lot! So the monday after we got back from our trip we took Jackson to his appointment with his neurosurgeon and prepared for the shunt. Not that a shunt is the worst thing for Jackson, it can really be a good thing, we just wanted the first surgery to work!

So they admitted Jackson and he had his second brain surgery at 4:00 pm on the 16th of June.

Jackson did really well, except for the no eating part...he does not like that!! He also does not like his mom during the times he cannot eat. So he is lucky that he has such a great dad to hold him and to help ease the hunger aches.


Jackson with his GrannyMa just after surgery. He is still goopy orange.

Mickey was at Primary Children's to visit the kids. Jackson loved it!
Mickey gave him a Mickey stuffed animal. He loves it! Especially the nose
because it is perfect for his teething gums to chew on!!


By the time we were ready to go home Jackson was feeling so much better and
we could see a huge change! We are so glad to have our Jack Jack back!!!!!!!!

6 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry that the first surgery didn't work!!
That's too bad. I am glad he has his shunt in though! He is such a cute boy! I can't believe how happy he looks going home after undergoing brain surgery again. What a trooper!
Yeah he is such a trooper! He is the toughest person I think I will ever know!
I am so glad it worked! He is so dang cute. I know I say that all the time! I want to see him again soon.
Chels, wow! I don't know what to say! I'm so sorry that so much has happened. I'm glad I was able to learn what was happening in your life. Thank heavens things are going better. Way to be strong during such a trying time. You'll be in my prayers.
He is such a cutie! He sure is a mix of the both of you! I think he has Chelsea's eyes! Hope all is going well with you guys. We need to get together before it is - back to school. Ughh!
The Jenkins
Chelsea, your baby is so adorable. I'm so sorry you've been dealt some rough cards but I think you sound like you're doing an amazing job and I know you're an excellent mom to him. Hope everything else is going well! It's fun to see what you're up to the last couple of years.
Post a Comment